1. What we doOur Site is all about sharing information. We provide regularly updated general information, news, opinions and links with our views. The information you read on our Site is the opinion of our individual staff and not that of Wasted Talent as a company.
2. What we don’t doInformation on our Site does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by us. Given that the impact of any information expressed on our Site can vary widely based on your particular circumstances, you should always carry out your own research into the product that is of interest to you.
4. LinksLinks on our webite
a. Our Site includes details on, or links through to, other websites. We don’t control the accuracy or completeness of that information and cannot accept any responsibility for the content of those websites. You take full responsibility for using that information and verifying it and for any decision to use, purchase or refrain from purchasing any of the services or products mentioned on a linked site. If you do purchase products or services from another website, please read its contract carefully before deciding to buy. Remember: your contract for those products or services will be with that website, not us.
b. When you use other websites, any personal information you give them will be dealt with in line with their privacy policies, not ours, so please read the privacy policies of each and every such website before using them!
Links from your website
c. You are only permitted to link to our Site with our prior written consent provided you:
- comply with these Terms and all applicable laws;
- do not use any of our trade marks or logos;
- link only to those pages (including our homepage, where relevant) we have given you our permission to link to;
- do not in any way imply that we are endorsing you, your website, or its products or services;
- do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present false information about us;
- do not infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any person or otherwise breach all relevant laws and regulations;
- do not have content in your website that could be considered distasteful or offensive.
If you breach these terms, we have the right to require that your link is removed and to take whatever other action we think appropriate.
5. Our contenta. All of the content on our Site is owned by us or our licensers and is protected by English and international copyright laws.
b. Our content includes any information, features of, or other material found on our Site. You are allowed to use our content for personal, non-commercial use only. You may make one copy of extracts from this Site on any single computer for personal, individual use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Apart from that, none of our content may be republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold, distributed or modified without our prior written consent.
c. The trade mark ‘The Face’, among others, are owned by Wasted Talent Ltd. All other brand names and trade marks that appear on this Site are trademarks or trade names of their respective holders. No permission is given to use any of these brands or marks and any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
6. User contenta. When you post content on our Site or social media channels, you agree and represent that you have created that content. You still own any copyright in the text that you post on our Site. However, when you post text, images, video or other media, you expressly grant us a perpetual, fully transferable, worldwide royalty-free licence to republish that text on our Site and to use/redistribute/make available and/or sell that text in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented anywhere in the world as part of an edited compilation or otherwise.
b. We, or authorised third parties, reserve the right to cut, crop, edit or refuse to publish your content at our or their sole discretion. We may remove your content from use at any time. You acknowledge and accept that the technical requirements of our Site may result in changes to your content to conform with it. We take no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of user content submitted by you or other Site users.
c. If you’re aged under 16 you confirm you have the permission of your parent or guardian to submit content to us.
7. Forum/social mediaa. We encourage debate and the sharing of information between our users. However, we do require that your use of our Social Media and any other communication systems that we provide is lawful and in accordance with our Forum Rules which are incorporated into these Terms.
b. We accept no liability for user content on the Site provided by yourself or by others, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such user content. You acknowledge and accept that user content posted on our Site is the opinion of the person posting only and in no way reflects our opinions or attitudes. You further acknowledge and accept that we have no obligation to moderate any content posted by you and other users on the Site.
c. You warrant that the content you post does not contain extremist views, appear to incite or promote terrorist activities and is not obscene, fraudulent, libellous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion, or illegal. You further warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any intellectual property right or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual.
You agree not to:
- post or transmit advertisements for or solicitations of business (whether openly, or under the false guise of an unconnected party);
- after receiving a warning or otherwise being banned from the Site, continue to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, post or transmit comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
- post or transmit chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- impersonate another person;
- disguise the IP address of the connection used to post any message;
- post or transmit any files containing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- harvest or otherwise collect or use information about others, including email addresses, without their explicit consent;
- allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments or for communicating with other users;
- post the same note more than once or spam;
- knowingly post untrue information about another person or business with the intention of harming their reputation or livelihood;
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying these areas of our Site, or which, in our judgement, exposes us to any liability or detriment of any type;
- intentionally make false or misleading statements about investments, their price or their prospects. If you do, you may be committing a criminal offence;
- post either intentionally or otherwise, any material that could have the effect of manipulating the market value of any investment. This may be a criminal offence; or
- give investment advice by way of business or make financial promotions.
8. Disclaimer of warranties & liability, indemnity, general & changesa. We provide our Site in good faith but we can’t and don’t warrant the completeness, truth or accuracy of the information or other content or postings found on our Site, or their usefulness for any particular purpose. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) your use of the Site is at your own sole risk; and (ii) you bear full responsibility for your own decisions and that we shall not be liable for any action that you or others take or don’t take based on your use of or reliance on information provided by us or other users of our Site.
b. Before you apply for any products via our Site it is very important you: (i) carefully read the terms and conditions of the product, the product provider’s terms and conditions and any other terms applicable to the product; (ii) check all the information held by the product provider about you to ensure it is correct, complete and accurate. We make no representations and warranties as to any linked websites and Wasted Talent has no liability or responsibility with respect to your use of such websites. It is your responsibility to: (i) ensure the product matches your requirements and that you agree to the terms and conditions of the product before you apply for it; and (ii) identify and correct any mistakes or errors in the information about you held by the product provider before you apply for any product. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur: (i) in the event that any product you apply for does not meet your requirements, or is not suitable for you; or (ii) if any information about you held by the product provider is not correct, complete and accurate; or (iii) if it is misleading, or if you have failed to disclose all relevant facts. If you’re in any doubt as to whether any information is relevant or required to be disclosed, or that something may be incorrect, you should disclose it to your proposed provider before you apply for the product.
c. We don’t accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any statement made on the Site by anyone other than authorised Wasted Talent employees acting in such capacity.
d. We don’t promise that your access to our Site, or its content will be delivered uninterrupted, timely or error-free, or that the Site will be free from viruses or other harmful properties. It’s your responsibility to implement satisfactory safeguards and procedures to make sure any files you obtain through our Site are free from such contaminations or other harmful properties.
e. THE EFFECT OF WHAT IS SET OUT HERE IS THAT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE HELD LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT ON OUR SITE.
9. IndemnityYou agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our directors, officers, employees and licensers from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including reasonable legal fees) as a result of any material that you post or transmit on our Site, Social Media or via any other communications systems, any actions you take which disrupt access to and/or the functioning of our Site or any breach by you of your obligations under these Terms.
10. Generala. If any of these provisions is deemed invalid, void or unenforceable that provision will be deemed severable from the rest and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
b. Our failure or delay to exercise any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
c. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the Courts of England.
d. Changes. These Terms were published in April 2018.
Any questions? If you have any questions about our Site or these Terms, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
90 – 92 Pentonville Road,
London, N1 9HS.
Wasted Talent Inc Ltd, whose registered office is 100 Bogart Street, NY 11206 USA
1. Our Data Promise to youWasted Talent is committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future. We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data when you send it to us, when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you'll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
2. What personal data do we collect?Wasted Talent collects both Personal Data and Anonymous Data when you send us information or when you visit one of our websites. When we talk about Personal Data we mean any information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name and postal address. Anonymous Data doesn't identify you as a person but it might be used in aggregate, for instance when you participate in a survey.
3. How do we keep it secure?a. Our staff policies and procedures help our staff to understand what is required of them under their obligations to us, and also their responsibilities under GDPR 2018 and other privacy legislation.
b. When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us – as is the case with Newsstand (who are the data processor in this instance) - we ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be transferred with the correct protection in place, as stated UK law.
c. The internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Wasted Talent shall not be responsible for unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility under GDPR 2018.
4. How do we collect and use your Personal Data?a. We collect your details when you register on one of our websites; subscribe to our magazines, app or service; correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; participate with social media functions on our website, enter a competition or promotion.
b. With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We will always be transparent about how we plan to use your data so that you have the choice whether or not to give it to us.
- If you give us your consent to send you further marketing messages we may contact you with carefully selected offers and promotions from ourselves or from our network of carefully selected partners, from which you may always opt-out or unsubscribe. It is not our practice to contact you if you have made it clear that you do not wish to hear from us about our products and services.
- We may need to authenticate your identity to provide you with access to subscriber-only services. We might also send you surveys or invite you to enter a competition or receive a newsletter, for instance. If you do not wish to participate you may simply decline our invitations.
- Our iPad, Android and other "apps" may collect user data, which we use to learn about our readers and improve our apps.
- To understand how our "apps" are used we may use the service of App Annie Analytics or Google Analytics to provide us with anonymous statistical information about your use of our app(s).
- We use this information for reporting purposes and to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the Internet. We may use the cookies relating to Google Analytics together with third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a user's part visits to our websites.
b. If you send in a comment, we may post it on our site or use it as a testimonial without mentioning your full name or publishing any information that would identify you. Others may be able to see your personal data if you post any information on our social media channels which we have no control.
d. Please take care when using social networking sites to which we may invite you to join that you do not disclose anything that you might later wish to retract.
e. There are times when we may be legally required to disclose your data in good faith where it is required by law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, or where we have a requirement to protect or defend the rights of Wasted Talent or any users of our servers. We will always ensure that those requesting the information have the legal right to do so.
- To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and have often they visit our websites.
- We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
- We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
- To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
- We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
8. Our AppsIf you use any of our apps on your mobile device we will process the following information:
- Your location-You may decline this request, but this may mean that we cannot offer relevant services;
- Your device ID, this will be processed automatically;
- Your email address, if you create an account;
- Your age and gender, if you provide it.
9. Opting Out on Receipt of Email Marketing CommunicationsIf you receive a marketing email from us, you will have the option to “opt-out” by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each and every message we send you.
10. Marketing to ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 for marketing purposes.
11. Using our websites from outside the UKOur servers are situated in the EEA and when you submit your details and in whichever country you are situated you agree to the data being transferred to the EEA and processed under the terms of GDPR 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which stem from European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC respectively. If you are not in agreement please do not add your personal details on the website.
12. How you can gain access to the personal data we collect about youa. Under GDPR 2018, you have the right to see what information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any changes that you consider necessary to make the information accurate. If you want to apply to see the data we hold about you, please write to Wasted talent, 90-92 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9HS
b. We will require that you satisfactorily identify yourself to demonstrate your entitlement to view this data.
b. Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Officer and will be responded to within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the response you should refer your complaint to the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
b. Any changes will be effective immediately.